Criminal and Immigration Attorney Joseph F. DeFelice Esq. is a former attorney with the Department of Homeland Security, Law Secretary to Supreme Court Justices and Assistant District Attorney in Queens County. He represents clients in New York's Criminal, District, County and Supreme Courts. He has successfully handled trials and appeals in civil and criminal cases involving DUI, DWI, domestic violence, homicide and drug charges.
With 40 years experience, DeFelice has extensive knowledge in immigration law helping clients obtain a green card and permanent U.S. citizenship. He has defended clients in numerous cases in Immigration Courts throughout the United States.
DeFelice Law is built on the foundation of establishing trusting relationships, showing compassion and aggressively fighting for you or a family member wrongly accused of a crime or harmed.
- Admitted to the New York and Florida Bar, United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeal for the 2nd, 3rd, and 11th Districts and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Former President of the Queens County Bar Association
- Former President of the Confederation of Columbian Lawyers
- Served as President of the Columbian Lawyers, Queens County
- Awarded for 8 years of service by NY State Grievance Committee
- Currently serving on the NY State Committee on Character and Fitness
- Graduate of St John’s University – B.A. in Political Science 1970
- Graduate of St. John’s Law School – J.D. 1973
Appeals include- People v Ringel, 145 AD3d 1041, Rodriguez v Heath, - 2D Circuit Court of Appeals, People v Parks, 95 NY2d 811; People v Alfonso, 63 NY2d 419; DeFelice ex rel. Barbera v NY City Police Dept., 89 NY2d 267; People v LaPene, 40 NY2d 210; People v Haupt, 71 NY2d 929; People v Brown, 30 AD3d 561; Francis v INS – 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals; Perez v INS, – 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals; Aziz v Dept. of Homeland Security, USDC, EDNY; Josan v Josan, 134 AD2d 486 and Kromer v Kromer, 177 AD2d 472.